The life span of Blue Ribbon Products will increase dramatically when properly pressure-treated with AQUA SEAL® copper oxide formulated waterborne preservatives. AQUA SEAL preservatives are AWPA approved and specified on each appropriate end use.
- Raw Blue Ribbon Products arrive and moisture levels are checked.
- Raw Blue Ribbon Products are placed on small rail cars and rolled into the treating retort.
- A vacuum is applied, removing air and excess moisture. Then,the retort is filled with AQUA SEAL preservatives and forced into the cellular structure of the wood.
- The Blue Ribbon Product is set to dry and the preservative becomes fixed.
- Once the Blue Ribbon Product is dry and the chemical fixed, the product is ready for installation.